TF-CBT (Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) Clinician
JBWS is a private, nonprofit agency that provides safety, support, and solutions for abuse for anyone who faces the issues of intimate partner abuse regardless of severity of the abuse, marital status, income, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, or ethnicity. The vision of JBWS is to create a community-wide culture that refuses to tolerate the presence of any form of intimate partner violence. Empowerment of its victims and advocacy for social reform are at the heart of our mission and we are committed to advocating for the change necessary to achieve justice, equity, and inclusivity within our organization, our community and the systems with which we work on behalf of our clients. More than 75 paid staff and nearly 200 volunteers work together with the help of the community to fulfill the agency mission. JBWS recognized the impact of the work done in our space and we are committed to staff wellness. Our W.I.S.H. (Wellness Initiative Supporting Health) initiative focuses on the 8 dimensions of wellness, including physical, emotional, mental, etc. to support and educate our staff. JBWS is an equal opportunity employer. JBWS values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for a position at JBWS.
JBWS is seeking an individual to work primarily with children and families, providing strength-based, non-judgmental, client-centered services to those impacted by domestic violence. The position requires the provision of individual, family, and group counseling, including Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), facilitation of psychoeducational counseling groups, case management and advocacy, as well as enrichment and special event activities for children and families. Our ideal candidate has a deep knowledge and understanding of the experiences of marginalized communities, working collaboratively and flexibly with clients and team members to meet the needs of those served; is certified in the evidenced-based TF-CBT model; and is knowledgeable about how trauma impacts children and families. Candidates not certified in TF-CBT will have the opportunity to train and become certified upon hire.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Works primarily with children and families, providing strength based, non-judgmental, client centered services.
- Maintain a caseload aligned with program demands
- Accurate and timely documentation
- Advocate and support client centered success
- Link to community resources and supports
Include but are not limited to:
- Master’s degree in social work or related field and LSW or LAC, required
- TF-CBT certified preferred.
- Bi-lingual Spanish (speaking, reading, writing) required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience providing services related to early childhood development, parenting skills, and family interventions
- Understanding of the impact domestic violence and trauma on adults and children.
- Ability to effectively and independently make decisions based on sound judgment
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Candidates with 40-hour domestic violence training preferred however candidates without training must complete 40-hours of domestic violence training upon hire.
JBWS values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for a position at JBWS.