JCNV Counselor/Facilitator **hiring bonus available**
JBWS is a private, nonprofit agency that provides safety, support, and solutions for abuse for anyone who faces the issues of intimate partner abuse regardless of severity of the abuse, marital status, income, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, or ethnicity. The vision of JBWS is to create a community-wide culture that refuses to tolerate the presence of any form of intimate partner violence. Empowerment of its victims and advocacy for social reform are at the heart of our mission and we are committed to advocating for the change necessary to achieve justice, equity, and inclusivity within our organization, our community and the systems with which we work on behalf of our clients. More than 75 paid staff and nearly 200 volunteers work together with the help of the community to fulfill the agency mission. JBWS recognized the impact of the work done in our space and we are committed to staff wellness. Our W.I.S.H. (Wellness Initiative Supporting Health) initiative focuses on the 8 dimensions of wellness, including physical, emotional, mental, etc. to support and educate our staff. JBWS is an equal opportunity employer. JBWS values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for a position at JBWS.
JBWS is seeking hourly group facilitators to join a team of dedicated professionals to work with men in an abuse intervention program. Males strongly encouraged to apply. These reliable and flexible individuals will be responsible for providing group co-facilitation and ongoing support to male / male identified participants who have perpetrated domestic abuse. Bilingual in Spanish is preferred but not required for one of the facilitator positions. Candidate must complete 40 hours of domestic violence training upon hire. Males strongly encouraged to apply.
Qualified candidates may select any or all of the times available: Mondays 6pm – 9pm, Thursdays 7:30am – 10:30am, Saturdays 8am -11am.
- Master’s degree in counseling, social work, or related field and a preferred LSW/LCSW or LAC/LPC or license eligibility OR Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, criminal justice or related field with at least 3 years of experience in facilitating psychoeducational groups, providing advocacy, and/or crisis intervention.
- Proven ability to work with individuals around issues related to accountability and personal responsibility.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the dynamics of domestic violence.
- Experience working with social service agencies.
- Ability to effectively and independently make decisions based on sound judgment
- Experience working with a mandated population, preferred.
- Provides strengths-based, non-judgmental, client-centered services.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- High level of written and verbal skills.
- Candidates with 40-hour domestic violence training preferred however candidates without training must complete 40-hours of domestic violence training upon hire.
All candidates should submit a cover letter outlining your interest in the position and a resume. Email to email@example.com and put “JCNV Counselor” in the subject line.