Group Counselor – Bi-lingual Spanish
JBWS is a private, nonprofit agency that provides safety, support, and solutions for abuse for anyone who faces the issues of intimate partner abuse regardless of severity of the abuse, marital status, income, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, or ethnicity. The vision of JBWS is to create a community-wide culture that refuses to tolerate the presence of any form of intimate partner violence. Empowerment of its victims and advocacy for social reform are at the heart of our mission and we are committed to advocating for the change necessary to achieve justice, equity, and inclusivity within our organization, our community and the systems with which we work on behalf of our clients. More than 75 paid staff and nearly 200 volunteers work together with the help of the community to fulfill the agency mission. JBWS recognized the impact of the work done in our space and we are committed to staff wellness. Our W.I.S.H. (Wellness Initiative Supporting Health) initiative focuses on the 8 dimensions of wellness, including physical, emotional, mental, etc. to support and educate our staff. JBWS is an equal opportunity employer. JBWS values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for a position at JBWS.
JBWS is seeking dynamic, committed Bi-Lingual (Spanish) Group Counselors. Our ideal candidate(s) has a proven ability to work compassionately and effectively with different clients around various needs, including domestic violence; utilizes a trauma-informed approach in work with clients; can proactively facilitate group discussions with clarity and professionalism. This individual will have knowledge and understanding of the experiences of marginalized communities, working collaboratively and flexibly to meet the needs of those served.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide individual, family and/or group support around domestic violence.
- Conduct intakes and assessments
- Work collaboratively and flexibly with clients and team members.
- Facilitate, lead and conduct group sessions that represent a brave space for open and honest conversations.
- Complete documentation regarding group sessions and individual progress.
Include but are not limited to:
- BA in Social Work or other related discipline; MA/MSW preferred
- Two years providing counseling services referable with trauma survivors.
- Two years providing group facilitation.
- Fluent Bilingual English/Spanish ability including verbal, written, reading required.
- Experience utilizing crisis intervention/management skills.
- Excellent organizational, documentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must be culturally aware and sensitive to challenges faced particularly in marginalized populations.
- Candidates with 40-hour domestic violence training preferred, however candidates without training must complete 40-hours of domestic violence training upon hire provided and paid for by agency.
Group sessions: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 6:00pm to 8:00pm and Friday 10:00am to 11:30am
*NOTE: Candidates do not have to be available for all time slots identified above.
JBWS values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, interns and volunteers. We welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for a position at JBWS. Males are strongly encouraged to apply.