CFO & VP, Administration, FT
JBWS is a private, nonprofit agency that provides safety, support, and solutions for abuse for anyone who faces the issues of intimate partner abuse regardless of severity of the abuse, marital status, income, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, or ethnicity. The vision of JBWS is to create a community-wide culture that refuses to tolerate the presence of any form of intimate partner violence. Empowerment of its victims and advocacy for social reform are at the heart of our mission and we are committed to advocating for the change necessary to achieve justice, equity, and inclusivity within our organization, our community and the systems with which we work on behalf of our clients. More than 75 paid staff and nearly 200 volunteers work together with the help of the community to fulfill the agency mission. JBWS is an equal opportunity employer. JBWS values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for a position at JBWS.
Reporting to the President and CEO, the CFO & VP, Administration manages the agency’s finances, investments, and information systems, as well as provides oversight of human resources and building management. The CFO & VP, Administration is a key executive, instrumental in the strategic direction and leadership for business operations and initiatives.
- Works with management staff in the development and implementation of the strategic plan.
- Supervises Finance Department, including oversight of accounts payable, cash receipts, payroll processes, and monthly close/reporting.
- Coordination and development of the annual budget, monthly budget analysis and forecasting.
- Monitors and ensures investments are properly managed and used in accordance with fund policies and board directives.
- Implements strong internal controls and ensures records are in compliance with current accounting laws and regulations.
- Manages the annual audit.