Case Manager – Safe House
JBWS is a private, nonprofit agency that provides safety, support, and solutions for abuse for anyone who faces the issues of intimate partner abuse regardless of severity of the abuse, marital status, income, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, or ethnicity. The vision of JBWS is to create a community-wide culture that refuses to tolerate the presence of any form of intimate partner violence. Empowerment of its victims and advocacy for social reform are at the heart of our mission and we are committed to advocating for the change necessary to achieve justice, equity, and inclusivity within our organization, our community and the systems with which we work on behalf of our clients. More than 75 paid staff and nearly 200 volunteers work together with the help of the community to fulfill the agency mission. JBWS recognized the impact of the work done in our space and we are committed to staff wellness. Our W.I.S.H. (Wellness Initiative Supporting Health) initiative focuses on the 8 dimensions of wellness, including physical, emotional, mental, etc. to support and educate our staff. JBWS is an equal opportunity employer. JBWS values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for a position at JBWS.
JBWS is seeking a dynamic, committed Advocate for our Safe House. Our ideal candidate has a proven ability to work compassionately and effectively with different clients around various needs, including domestic violence; utilizes a trauma-informed approach in work with clients; can independently make decisions based on sound judgment; independently leads the case management process with clients, enhancing motivation for clients to engage around a plan of action; and provides strengths-based, non-judgmental, client-centered services. This individual will have knowledge and understanding of the experiences of marginalized communities, working collaboratively and flexibly to meet the needs of those served.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES include but are not limited to:
- Provide intake interview and assessment of needs.
- Case management of designated case load per program requirement.
- Maintain knowledge of existing resources and identify new resources.
- Provide individual support around domestic violence.
- Provide assistance and advocacy for survivors.
- Provide individual non-resident support and advocacy as needed.
- Address client needs within the Safe House including crisis management.
- Monitoring of security cameras and other facility related needs.
- Accurate and timely documentation.
- Education: BA in Social Work/related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of one year providing direct/case management services.
- Fluent Bilingual English/Spanish ability including verbal, written, reading a plus.
- Experience utilizing crisis intervention/management skills.
- Excellent organizational, documentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be culturally aware and sensitive to challenges faced particularly in marginalized populations.
- Candidates with 40-hour domestic violence training preferred, however candidates without training must complete 40-hours of domestic violence training upon hire, provided and paid for by agency.
This position is full-time 35-hour per week, Sunday 7am – 3pm and Monday through Thursday 3pm – 11pm.
JBWS values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, interns and volunteers. We welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for a position at JBWS.