Bi-lingual Spanish Youth Educator for the Dating Abuse Prevention Program
JBWS is a private, nonprofit agency that provides safety, support, and solutions for abuse for anyone who faces the issues of intimate partner abuse regardless of severity of the abuse, marital status, income, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, or ethnicity. The vision of JBWS is to create a community-wide culture that refuses to tolerate the presence of any form of intimate partner violence. Empowerment of its victims and advocacy for social reform are at the heart of our mission and we are committed to advocating for the change necessary to achieve justice, equity, and inclusivity within our organization, our community and the systems with which we work on behalf of our clients. More than 75 paid staff and nearly 200 volunteers work together with the help of the community to fulfill the agency mission. JBWS recognized the impact of the work done in our space and we are committed to staff wellness. Our W.I.S.H. (Wellness Initiative Supporting Health) initiative focuses on the 8 dimensions of wellness, including physical, emotional, mental, etc. to support and educate our staff. JBWS is an equal opportunity employer. JBWS values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for a position at JBWS.
JBWS is seeking part time Youth Educators to facilitate No2DatingAbuse workshops. The Youth Educator will work closely with the Manager of the Dating Abuse Prevention Program to deliver educational workshops to middle schools, high schools, colleges, and community groups across Morris County, NJ.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- No2DatingAbuse Workshops
- Facilitate No2DatingAbuse workshops in middle schools, high schools, colleges, and community groups in Morris County, NJ.
- Attend tabling events at high schools and community groups to provide education and resources.
- Build and maintain relationships with school personnel.
- Program Support
- Participate in the planning and facilitation of the annual youth conference.
- Assist in the planning of activities for Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month.
- Develop social media content relevant to dating abuse and its impact on adolescents.
- Attend meetings with Dating Abuse Prevention Program team to collaborate on school workshops and program development.
- Attend agency meetings, as appropriate.
- Attend agency training opportunities, as appropriate.
- Currently enrolled in a higher education program for social work, education, gender studies, psychology, or related field.
- Bi-lingual, Spanish speaking, reading and writing.
- Demonstrated experience and comfort with public speaking and presentations.
- Availability for 10 – 12 hours per week (2 days for 10 months).
- Flexible hours are required, including early mornings and occasional evening and weekend presentations.
- The ability to connect and relate to adolescents, parents, and teachers in the Morris County school system.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong computer skills including Windows environment, MS Office Professional, use of the Internet.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Sensitivity to the issue of domestic violence.
- Valid NJ drivers license and reliable transportation.
JBWS values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for a position at JBWS.
College students are strongly encouraged to apply. The schedule for this program is flexible for student lifestyle, providing an excellent experience for students pursuing education.