JBWS is a private, nonprofit agency that provides safety, support, and solutions for abuse for anyone who faces the issues of intimate partner abuse regardless of severity of the abuse, marital status, income, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, or ethnicity. The vision of JBWS is to create a community-wide culture that refuses to tolerate the presence of any form of intimate partner violence. Empowerment of its victims and advocacy for social reform are at the heart of our mission and we are committed to advocating for the change necessary to achieve justice, equity, and inclusivity within our organization, our community and the systems with which we work on behalf of our clients. More than 75 paid staff and nearly 200 volunteers work together with the help of the community to fulfill the agency mission. JBWS recognized the impact of the work done in our space and we are committed to staff wellness. Our W.I.S.H. (Wellness Initiative Supporting Health) initiative focuses on the 8 dimensions of wellness, including physical, emotional, mental, etc. to support and educate our staff. JBWS is an equal opportunity employer. JBWS values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for a position at JBWS.
JBWS is looking to hire an energetic candidate to assist in the areas of Development, Human Resources and Executive Management. This individual will be responsible for providing support to the development team, participating in meetings and special events. The position will also support the human resources functions of the agency as well as provide support to the CEO and executive management team.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Donor correspondences, communications and mailings
- Inputting data in the agency’s database
- Updating donor information in database
- Supporting the President/CEO with administrative functions including but not limited to scheduling meetings, preparing information for distribution and following up on request.
- Updating board reports, scheduling meetings, board distribution
- Supporting the Human Resources Department with administrative functions including but not limited to personnel data management, support to various committees and oversight of file information.
- Willingness to actively engage with employees around topics of wellness and equity related issues.
Qualifications include but not limited to:
- AA degree or equivalent work experience
- Highly proficient in computers including Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Excel
- Working knowledge of development and/or client centered computer databases i.e. Raisers Edge, Volunteer Impact
- Experience with InDesign, Canva programs preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to be flexible depending on the demand.
- Must be able to work evenings as needed to provide support for meetings and special events.
- Willingness to pick donations or supplies as needed.
- Must have a valid NJ drivers license and reliable transportation.
Full time, Monday through Friday with occasional evenings
JBWS values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for a position at JBWS.