COUNSELORS – Full Time and Part Time
JBWS is a private, nonprofit agency that provides safety, support, and solutions for abuse for anyone who faces the issues of intimate partner abuse regardless of severity of the abuse, marital status, income, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, or ethnicity. The vision of JBWS is to create a community-wide culture that refuses to tolerate the presence of any form of intimate partner violence. Empowerment of its victims and advocacy for social reform are at the heart of our mission and we are committed to advocating for the change necessary to achieve justice, equity, and inclusivity within our organization, our community and the systems with which we work on behalf of our clients. More than 75 paid staff and nearly 200 volunteers work together with the help of the community to fulfill the agency mission. JBWS recognized the impact of the work done in our space and we are committed to staff wellness. Our W.I.S.H. (Wellness Initiative Supporting Health) initiative focuses on the 8 dimensions of wellness, including physical, emotional, mental, etc. to support and educate our staff. JBWS is an equal opportunity employer. JBWS values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for a position at JBWS.
Includes but not limited to:
- individual, family, and group counseling
- case management and advocacy
- conduct intakes and assessments
- working collaboratively and flexibly with clients and team members
Include but not limited to:
- Master’s degree in social work or related field.
- LSW or LAC, required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience providing counseling services preferably with trauma survivors.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish speaking, reading and writing a plus.
- Understanding of the impact domestic violence and trauma on adults and children.
- Ability to effectively and independently make decisions based on sound judgment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Candidates with 40-hour domestic violence training preferred however candidates without training must complete 40-hours of domestic violence training upon hire.
- Full time and part time availability
JBWS values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for a position at JBWS.