Help JBWS reach local residents and employees to increase awareness of domestic violence issues and resources. JBWS experienced public speakers can tailor their presentations to meet the needs of any group. They can lead a discussion with a handful of your neighbors in a dining room over coffee or make a formal presentation at your next club meeting, business luncheon, place of worship, or other event.
A talk on domestic violence can cover:
1) the prevalence and definition of the problem,
2) the effects of domestic violence on children
3) how to talk with a friend or family member about abuse,
4) the available community and legal resources for victims and their families,
5) the services of JBWS,
6) society's response to domestic violence,
7) volunteer opportunities,
8) community involvement opportunities,
9) promoting healthy relationships for children, and
10) preventing teenage dating abuse.
To schedule a presentation call the Director of Community Relations at 973-267-7520 Ext. 124.